Monday, August 9, 2010

More Gathered Clutches!

I completed the final two clutches this weekend... wanna see?



I finally put some of my Amy Butler stash to work on this one.  It's purty.  And my hubby's favorite - he was so cute yesterday oohing and aahing over these little things!


I actually did the zipper correctly this time.  On the first clutch, I sewed over the zipper tabs rather than around them.  I didn't even realize it until I looked back at the tutorial again.  Truth is, though, I kinda like the curved zipper tab from sewing it incorrectly.  I'm weird like that.


And here's the final version, made from some stash Joel Dewberry and natural cotton fabric.  See how I left the zipper tabs curved inward again?  I like it like that for some reason... What do you think?

I also altered the pattern a tad bit on this last version.  On my previous clutches, I had trouble getting the lining to fit without feeling a little overstuffed, so on this bag, I added a 1/2 inch to the width of the exterior panels... and it fit perfectly this time!  No bunching, no wrinkling of the lining fabric - perfect.


And here's the final lineup... in need of some gift cards and pretty packaging to give away to the special teachers who have helped shape my children's lives.

And on the schoolfront... the supplies are bought, the backpack has been chosen.  Two weeks and counting til K-Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails