Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Paint Swatch is on the Wall!

After living in my home for nine months and living with the poop chocolate brown dungeon office, I finally slapped a swatch of color on the walls to motivate me to just go ahead and paint the room already.  What color, you ask?  Sharkey Gray by Martha Stewart. 


Already, I am loving it and imagining how much lighter and brighter this room will be when this color graces all four walls and the trim is painted a bright shiny white.

Ahhhhhh.

Just as a side note, I have to say that I love that paint companies finally wised up and started offering sample sizes for us DIYers to try.  I can't tell you how many quarts of paint I went through in my first home trying to find the right shade of a color to put on the wall.  These little testers are fantastic - the Sharkey Gray came in a ready-made tester (complete with brush) and I had another sample whipped up real quick by the paint counter gal for a color to try in my entry.  (I'm saving that one for later - one room at a time, right?)

I also love this little paint touch up kit, which I bought as a paint sampler kit:

Genius, I tell ya.  Genius.

And to not let it go to waste... I plan on rinsing out the container and brush and letting the girls "help" mama a little when it does come time for painting day.

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I'm looking for a nice gray for the master bedroom. I think I'm about to play the paint sample game!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails