Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sheet Music Bells Wreath

As my previous post alluded, I sort of have a crush on sheet music.  Appropriately, I’ve decided to use it in my Christmas décor this year.  I’m working on a tutorial for my burlap sheet music ornament shown in this post,  I’ve got a couple of glass ornaments filled with shredded sheet music on my tree, and now my front door is wearing this:
016 copy
I reused the wreath form from last year’s BHG knockoff yarn wreath, and added some sheet music-decoupaged bells.
022 copy
The bells are plastic silver bells purchased from Hobby Lobby during their Black Friday madness.  I used my scalloped circle punch to cut out the sheet music, and layered the circles over one another as I applied with Mod Podge.  I gave the circles a good coat of Mod Podge on top to help them mold to the curved shape.
027 copy
I then hot glued some lace trim around the edges to add a sweet vintage flair.
019 copy
As I was working on the bells, I had a certain song in my head…

“I heard the bells on Christmas Day,

their old familiar carols play…

And mild and sweet their songs repeat,

of peace on earth, good will to men.”

I thought that Peace on Earth is a perfect sentiment for the celebration of Christ’s birth – so I added some glittered word banners expressing the message.

026 copy

“Till, ringing singing, on its way,

The world revolved from night to day,

A voice, a chime, a chant sublime,

Of peace on earth, good will to men!”


Linking up here:

3 comments:

  1. That's one of my favorite songs during Christmas---I love how you incorporated it into your decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, sometimes I'll come across something that just gets all my creative juices working in overdrive. I too love sheet music and have been wracking my brain on how I could decorate my front door this season. You've just helped put some ideas for using my love of music to help solve my decorating issues! Thank you so much for acting as my inspiration. I would love to show you what you inspired when I get it made this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's what you inspired!!

    http://otterling.blogspot.com/2011/12/homemade-wreath.html#more

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails