Friday, January 20, 2012

Clay Bunting Necklace

Did you guess this was my project?

The challenge this week was to create a bunting or banner; to me, a bunting is usually associated with some type of celebration.  With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, I thought it fitting to make a bunting to celebrate none other than LOVE (I’m a sap like that).  And where better to display a love bunting than near to your heart, right?

bunting necklace

Using air-dry clay, some cookie cutters, and jewelry findings, I created a clay bunting necklace.  The bunting pieces were fashioned from the star tips, stamped with L-O-V-E, and fitted with eye pins.  Once dry, the bunting was strung together with jump rings and attached to the coordinating chain.  (The full tutorial will be on the blog this weekend.)

I love that this project can be adapted for many types of buntings… maybe a number signifying a birthday age, a year for a graduate, or perhaps a date for a wedding?

078 copy

For now… I’ll stick with love.  It is all you need anyway.  ;)

Click over to One Month to Win It this morning to see if I'm sticking around for the final round!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails