Friday, January 13, 2012

Sheet Music Chalkboard Tray

Well folks... I made it through to Round Three!  This was my project for this past week's challenge...

This week’s challenge was to use DecoArt products.  Since I have a fondness for all things vintage, I decided to mix a few DecoArt products to create a time-worn look for my Sheet Music Chalkboard tray.
smct 1
I painted the tray interior with two coats of DecoArt’s Americana chalkboard paint and decoupaged the exterior of the tray sides with strips of sheet music.  Then, I lightly brushed DecoArt’s sky blue acrylic paint to the interior and exterior of the tray sides (over the sheet music).  Once dry, I applied DecoArt’s One-Step Crackle coat, then added some patina to the crackling with DecoArt’s staining medium mixed with some dark umber acrylic paint.
smct 2
And since breakfast in bed is not quite the reality around here, I decided to try out my new tray for other purposes… a place for keys and daily reminders… and a makeshift in/outbox for that neverending pile of mail!  It’s also a great place for some coffee table tic-tac-toe…
smct 3
I love the way the sheet music peeks through the crackling blue paint…
Thanks again for allowing me the privilege of crafting with you for Round Two.  I hope you are inspired to play with craft paints in new ways to create beautiful, useful items for your home.
Oh… and you know I don’t want to go home yet, so your vote would mean the world to me!
Best of luck to all of the contestants!


Linking up here:
Tatertots and Jello
Show and Tell Saturday
Saturday Spotlight

2 comments:

  1. Love the chalkboard tray! Going to have to give it a try!! Thanks for stopping by Harrison Home.. following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda, the chalkboard tray is fabulous. What a great job you did. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails