Friday, February 15, 2013

Antibes Green Side Table Makeover

In addition to nearly every other room in my home, I’m working on a room makeover for my youngest daughter, one that allows a bit more of her personality to be infused into the space.  (Which may or may not be a good thing…)  Since starting kinder this past fall, she’s been waking up like a big girl to an alarm in the morning – I thought it was high time she had a side table so she wouldn’t have to get out of bed to turn off her alarm (or annoy her older sister while she lay under her covers, ignoring the constant beeping).  Rather than go buy one, I shopped my home and found this:

photo (24)

I actually bought this for her nursery way  back when *sob* to hold toys and books but it made its way out of her room during one of our moves.  It’s not bad as is, but it was a little too cream for a room with white walls and a white bed – not anymore, however…

Antibes Green side table

Say hello to Antibes Green, another fabulous color of the famous Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.

AS Antibes Table

The original finish was a distressed cream color.  I wanted to have some of that peeking through so I used a watered-down “wash” of the green on the side cutout panels and the top rim.  I used two full-strength coats on the rest of the piece to really make the green pop.

Antibes Green Table Makeover

The blogger in me wanted to completely stage this table, but I decided instead to keep it exactly how my baby girl likes it.  She was quite excited to set up her “new” table with all of her necessities: lamp, alarm clock, handmade clay bowl from art class, special books, and of course, a bright orange Furby.  She’s really a fun age right now and makes my heart smile.

In case you’re wondering about said room makeover, it’s a work in progress as is every makeover in the home.made. home right now.  Little by little, I’m knocking out my project lists though so hang in there.  Here’s a sneak peek just because I love ya…

Green Side Table Sneak Peek

Hope you have a fantastic weekend… we’ll be celebrating my oldest turning 8! *weep*  Where does the time go?

Linking up here:

Savvy Southern Style
Jennifer Rizzo
Tuesday's Treasures
Craftberry Bush
Design, Dining, and Diapers
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy
Miss Mustard Seed
Tatertots and Jello
Be Different Act Normal
I Heart Naptime
Transformation Thursday
It's Overflowing
The 36th Avenue
The Sunday Showcase

7 comments:

  1. That green is such a pretty color. I like that you kept it "staged" just the way she likes it, it adds personality. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out beautiful!
    Love the contrast against the pink - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that shade of green! Little Bit from www.DecorateWithaLittleBit.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling shape and color! It pairs beautifully with the pink wall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this table! it's so cute with the wall and bedding!! love its lines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!! I need to have you come over and talk me into painting the desk that is sitting in my garage!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails