Thursday, February 21, 2013

{My Home} Blue and Yellow Guest Bath

This is the first of (I hope) many posts to come about the spaces in my home; most of the rooms are in 75% mode, meaning I accomplished about 75% of what I had intended before jumping ship to start on another project (please tell me you can relate).  I wish I’d had the foresight to take photos of the guest bath when we first bought our house – it had a mixture of dark painted wallpaper and a brown paper bag wall treatment that made the room feel a little claustrophobic since it is a narrow bathroom.  Narrow bathroom also translates to: "very-difficult-to-get-a-good-photograph bathroom, so bear with me.

Guest Bath

After removing the wallpaper and paper bag cement, the walls were textured and repainted in Martha Stewart Enamelware.  It’s the perfect shade of soft blue and really helped lighten up the room.

Blue Yellow Bath White Shower Curtain

Behind the door is a great built-in cabinet for linens and a hamper.  The original orange-y oak cabinetry was restained a dark walnut color to more closely match the plantation shutter. (Don’t be jealous of my brass door handle circa 1990s.)

Blue and yellow Bath counter view

Since replacing the existing faux marble wasn’t in our budget, we made do and decided to just update the (brass) fixtures with oil-rubbed bronze.  It was a small improvement but a huge impact if you’d seen what was there before.  I hope to add cabinet hardware soon…

Blue and Yellow Bath 

A vintage turquoise McCoy planter keeps washcloths at the ready, and mason jars corral toothbrushes and toothpaste.

I still have more that I’d like to do in this room, but those ideas will come to fruition in time.  My home décor budget is not extravagant so we just make do around here until then.  Some of the things I have planned in this little head of mine:

Add Cabinet Hardware

Repaint Trim

Add Shelves above toilet

Replace faux marble and tile floor

That’s not too long of a list, right?

Linking here:

Savvy Southern Style
Jennifer Rizzo
Tuesday's Treasures
Craftberry Bush
Design, Dining, and Diapers
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy
Miss Mustard Seed
Tatertots and Jello
Be Different Act Normal
I Heart Naptime
Transformation Thursday
It's Overflowing
The 36th Avenue
The Sunday Showcase

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails