Thursday, April 25, 2013

Home Update: Fresh White Trim

A while back, I wrote about the sage green trim in my home, leftover from the prior owners.  I’ve been living with this color for nearly three years now, and even after re-painting almost all of the interior walls, I’m ready for it to go.

Painted Green Trim

This is my entryway, just to show you what the trim currently looks like.  The entire entry, living room, hallways, and kitchen have this color trim. 

This past week, I got a wild hair to repaint the trim in one of the hallways and was amazed at the difference.

Painted White Trim

Isn’t it incredible how much lighter and brighter it looks just with the white trim?

I originally started painting with Behr Ultra Pure White, straight off the shelf.  I have since come to the realization that ultra pure white does not go well with an older home where white doors have yellowed a bit over time.  I then switched to the color I used for the trim in our den and in our master bedroom: Muslin White from Glidden.  It’s still white, but warmer in comparison to the pure white.

One more peek at the before…

Green Door Trim

And the after…

White door Trim

Big difference right?  (Pardon the lighting… it’s a hallway, thus not a lot of natural light.)

Now, only two rooms, a hallway, and an entry to go!

Have any of you had colored trim that you’ve since changed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails