Monday, July 22, 2013

{My Sister’s House} The Turquoise and Yellow Bedroom

My sister lives in an amazing 1940s home in our hometown and she has infused every inch of it with charming vintage style.  She recently redecorated her back bedroom (which my girls lovingly refer to as “their” room) in a turquoise, yellow, and grey color scheme and it totally knocked my socks off, so she was kind enough to let me take pics and share with you!

turquoise and yellow bedroom

The room gets a ton of natural light from from the windows that wrap around the far end – IKEA curtains filter the light to create a beautiful glow.  The blinds are original to the home – can you believe it?  They just don’t make ‘em like that anymore… *sigh*

home.made. Turquoise Grey and Yellow Bedroom

The vintage metal beds were originally red – my sister repainted them in a metallic grey finish to go with the  new color scheme.  The yellow and grey sheets match perfectly and the turquoise throw and pillow throw in a fun pop of color.

home.made. Turquoise and Yellow Bedroom

Between the two beds is the Arles Yellow and Wood Vanity that I redid for my sister earlier this year, when she was just starting to think about this room makeover.  I added the turquoise knobs back then in anticipation of this!  Now that the mirror is in place, the vanity is even more beautiful.

turquoise and yellow bedroom

The gallery wall above the beds and vanity is filled with fun sayings and anecdotes in an array of colors.  The “Think Happy Be Happy” art is my favorite – it truly sends the perfect message about this room and the children who are so blessed to get to stay here with their auntie.

home.made. Turquoise and Yellow Bedroom

I am so thrilled to get to share this fun room makeover with you – and I can’t wait to show you some more peeks into my sister’s house.  I know you will love it as much as I do…

Think Happy and Be Happy this Monday!

Linking here:

Savvy Southern Style

Inspire Me Please Party

The Inspiration Gallery

Fabulously Creative Friday

Somewhat Simple

Whipperberry

Tatertots and Jello

Funky Junk Interiors

Too Much Time

I Heart Naptime

Three Mango Sides

The Sunday Showcase

Home Stories A to Z

Inspiration Exchange

Power of Paint Party

The Scoop

Tuesday’s Treasures

The 36th Avenue

Transformation Thursday

Be Different Act Normal

It’s Overflowing

7 comments:

  1. oh rhonda, i love it!!!! it's awesome!!! the colors, fabrics, desk in the middle..... love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors work very well together. BUT those flower pillows are just TOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room is so gorgeous and inviting. I love the colours. This is such a wonderful and inspiring post. I would love it if you would share this post at our WIW linky party. Hope you can join us today!

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun and pretty room! If you get a chance, please link up to my linky party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/sunday-linky-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the metal twin beds!
    - Lora @ Craftivity Designs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those beds!! What a charming room!!

    XOXO,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails