Monday, September 2, 2013

{Kid’s Craft} DIY Apple-Stamped Placemats for Fall!

home.made. Apple Stamped Placemats

It’s officially September, so it’s time to decorate for fall (even if it’s still 100 degrees outside…) - I’m so excited to show you a fun project I did with my girls a couple of weeks ago to add a little touch of fall to our kitchen table: DIY Apple-Stamped Placemats!

This project was easy, my kids loved it, and I used things I already had on hand so it cost me nothing!

You’ll Need:

Sturdy Fabric cut into 12” x 18” pieces (I made four)
Fabric Paint or Acrylic Paint mixed with Liquid Fabric Medium
Apple, cut in half
Cutie-pie Kiddo Helpers :)


9652235473_eea1690d95_z

I used cotton duck cloth for our placemats – after cutting, I simply washed and dried them for a rustic frayed edge.  We kept it traditional used red and green for our apples, but any color would be fun so feel free to experiment!

** Kid’s Craft Tip** Kraft paper works great to protect your work surfaces while crafting (especially when kiddos are involved).

9655517222_bcbf4a082e_z

Coat apple stamp with paint (you might need to help with this part)…

9655528120_42f5296140_z

And stamp away.

9655549938_2b9d09bef1_z

Allow your paint to dry and follow instructions for setting paint (if applicable).  That’s it!  You’re ready to set your fall table with your new apple-stamped placemats and if you’re a blogger like me, take the obligatory photos!  My kiddos always think mama’s a little crazy when I snapping photos of my projects – do yours act this way too?

home.made. Apple Place Setting Close

home.made. Apple Place Setting

home.made. Apple Stamped Placemat

Hope you’re having a great start to your September…

Linking here:

Savvy Southern Style

Inspire Me Please Party

The Inspiration Gallery

Fabulously Creative Friday

Somewhat Simple

Whipperberry

Tatertots and Jello

Funky Junk Interiors

Too Much Time

I Heart Naptime

Three Mango Seeds

The Sunday Showcase

Home Stories A to Z

Inspiration Exchange

Power of Paint Party

The Scoop

Tuesday’s Treasures

The 36th Avenue

Transformation Thursday

Be Different Act Normal

It’s Overflowing

Beneath My Heart

Happy Housie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails