Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Whimsical Witch Halloween Mantle

Morning lovelies!  I’m finally getting my Halloween on around here… I typically begin with a wreath reveal but since my wreath idea is still being tweaked, I thought I’d start by sharing my Whimsical Witch Halloween Mantle!

home.made

I kept most of the elements from my Aqua and Wood Fall Mantle and just added in some fun Halloween touches.  The inspiration was a sassy little ceramic pumpkin witch my sister gave me a few years back.

Witch Pumpkin Halloween Mantle

I dressed up some small pumpkins with decorative witch hats from the Halloween party section at Hobby Lobby – I just slid them on over the pumpkin stems for a perfect topper.  My youngest hoards saves all of her glasses when we go to 3D movies and pops the lenses out for some reason, so I took advantage of that and used them as props for my little pumpkins.  Said daughter also convinced me she needed sticky glow-in-the-dark eyeballs from the Halloween aisle, so I happily obliged and stole a few for my pumpkins (I secured them with a straight pin).

Witch Pumpkin Mantle

The purple LED lights are battery operated – which is great because we all know that electrical outlets by mantles are never close enough for our decorating needs (you know what I’m saying)!

Witch Hat Garland

I added some “creepy fabric” for some extra texture and then made a teeny witch hat garland with some leftover stash ribbon trim.

Whimsical Halloween Mantle

I’m enjoying this Whimsical Witch mantle so much that I’m already conjuring up ideas about how to modify it to keep it for Thanksgiving… wonder how long those pumpkins will last??

Hope you’re having a great week so far!

Linking here:

Savvy Southern Style

Inspire Me Please Party

The Inspiration Gallery

Fabulously Creative Friday

Somewhat Simple

Whipperberry

Tatertots and Jello

Funky Junk Interiors

Too Much Time

I Heart Naptime

Three Mango Sides

The Sunday Showcase

Home Stories A to Z

Inspiration Exchange

Power of Paint Party

The Scoop

Tuesday’s Treasures

The 36th Avenue

Transformation Thursday

Be Different Act Normal

It’s Overflowing

Beneath My Heart

1 comment:

  1. Omg this is adorable! So glad I found your little blog!
    Hugs,
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails